[Cubicweb] installing CubicWeb 3.14 with a PostgreSQL 8.3 db on Ubuntu 8.10

Sylvain Thénault sylvain.thenault at logilab.fr
Fri Apr 24 09:16:20 CEST 2009

On 24 avril 13:24, Roland Reumerman wrote:
> Hi,

Hi,

> $ psql -h localhost -U cubicweb template1
> works fine on my computer.
> Both the postgres & cubicweb pg users have superuser and createdb
> rights (I checked with pgadmin3), but still the db creation fails
> (though it first claims it succeeded). I'm using Postgres 8.3 with
> postgresql-plpython-8.3 Debian package installed.
> BTW, I've used another pg user with similar rights on an install of
> OpenERP 5 (Python suite that also uses psycopg2), and it creates and
> fills database with no problems, so it seems my configuration is
> basically in order.

Gasp. Honestly, I've no clue about what's occuring here. You should take
a look at the CreateApplicationDBCommand class in cubicweb.server.serverctl
module and put some print there to debug this. You could for instance add

  assert dbname in helper.list_databases(cursor)

after the

  print 'database %s created' % source['db-name']

line. I'm afraid I can't do anything else with information I've now and without
access to the computer where this occurs :(