[Cubicweb] installing CubicWeb 3.14 with a PostgreSQL 8.3 db on Ubuntu 8.10

Roland Reumerman roland.reumerman at gmail.com
Thu Apr 23 15:30:12 CEST 2009

My sources file contains:
[admin]

# cubicweb manager account's login (this user will be created)
login=admin

# cubicweb manager account's password
password=admin

[system]

# database driver (postgres or sqlite)
db-driver=postgres

# database host
db-host=localhost

# database name
db-name=cubicweb

# database user
db-user=postgres

# database password
db-password=postgres

# database encoding
db-encoding=utf8

# adapter for this source (YOU SHOULD NOT CHANGE THIS)
adapter=native

I can connect with psql to my postgres instance using the specified
host/username/password. Then I run 'cubicweb-ctl db-create myinstance'
with the same result:

**** connecting to postgres database template1 at localhost as postgres
database cubicweb created
**** connecting to postgres database cubicweb at localhost as postgres
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "./cubicweb-ctl", line 4, in <module>
    run(sys.argv[1:])
  File "/home/roland/cubicweb/cubicweb/cwctl.py", line 810, in run
    main_run(args, __doc__)
  File "/home/roland/cubicweb/cubicweb/toolsutils.py", line 255, in main_run
    base_main_run(args, doc)
  File "/home/roland/cubicweb/logilab/common/clcommands.py", line 136,
in main_run
    cmd_run(arg, *args)
  File "/home/roland/cubicweb/logilab/common/clcommands.py", line 119,
in cmd_run
    command.run(args)
  File "/home/roland/cubicweb/cubicweb/server/serverctl.py", line 331, in run
    cnx = system_source_cnx(source, special_privs='LANGUAGE C',
verbose=verbose)
  File "/home/roland/cubicweb/cubicweb/server/serverctl.py", line 67,
in system_source_cnx
    return source_cnx(source, special_privs=special_privs, verbose=verbose)
  File "/home/roland/cubicweb/cubicweb/server/serverctl.py", line 54,
in source_cnx
    port=source.get('db-port'))
  File "/home/roland/cubicweb/logilab/common/db.py", line 677, in get_connection
    return adapted_module.connect('localhost', database, user,
password, port=port)
  File "/home/roland/cubicweb/logilab/common/db.py", line 273, in connect
    cnx = self._native_module.connect(cnx_string)
psycopg2.OperationalError: FATAL:  database "cubicweb" does not exist