[Cubicweb] installing CubicWeb 3.14 with a PostgreSQL 8.3 db on Ubuntu 8.10

Sylvain Thénault sylvain.thenault at logilab.fr
Thu Apr 23 09:31:32 CEST 2009

On 23 avril 14:30, Roland Reumerman wrote:
> I'm using ident sameuser for my Postgres auth. I'm using it with user
> postgres with the db running on my local machine (so the same
> machine). I ran into trouble earlier with IDENT auth failures when
> trying to connect to postgres via psql, so what I have to do is always
> specify host 'localhost' specifically. I didn't see a similar option
> in cubicweb-ctl, so for the init phase I hard-coded 'localhost' as my
> host in /cubicweb/logilab/common/db.py, but that is not the real
> solution of course. I'm not sure if that issue is related to my
> current problem.

you can set postgres host in the /etc/cubicweb.d/<your instance>/sources
file. You should try to connect to postgres using the same host/user/password
as specified in this file.
Once that work, retry "cubicweb-ctl db-create <your instance>"
We should also try to find what error has not been detected, leading to the
"database created" message while it obviously wasn't...