[Cubicweb] installing CubicWeb 3.14 with a PostgreSQL 8.3 db on Ubuntu 8.10

Roland Reumerman roland.reumerman at gmail.com
Thu Apr 23 08:30:49 CEST 2009

I'm using ident sameuser for my Postgres auth. I'm using it with user
postgres with the db running on my local machine (so the same
machine). I ran into trouble earlier with IDENT auth failures when
trying to connect to postgres via psql, so what I have to do is always
specify host 'localhost' specifically. I didn't see a similar option
in cubicweb-ctl, so for the init phase I hard-coded 'localhost' as my
host in /cubicweb/logilab/common/db.py, but that is not the real
solution of course. I'm not sure if that issue is related to my
current problem.