[Cubicweb] installing CubicWeb 3.14 with a PostgreSQL 8.3 db on Ubuntu 8.10

Sandrine Ribeau sandrine.ribeau at logilab.fr
Wed Apr 22 19:36:55 CEST 2009

On Wednesday 22 April 2009 04:46:52 Roland Reumerman wrote:
> Hi,

Hi Roland,

> Thanks for the reply. Yes, that solved my initial problem. However,
> when I try to run 'cubicweb-ctl create -c all-in-one mycube
> myinstance' again I now get:
>
> do you want to create repository's system database? [Y/n]:
> **** connecting to postgres database template1 at None as postgres
> password:
> database cubicweb created
> **** connecting to postgres database cubicweb at None as postgres
>   File "/home/roland/cubicweb/logilab/common/db.py", line 273, in connect
>     cnx = self._native_module.connect(cnx_string)
> psycopg2.OperationalError: FATAL:  database "cubicweb" does not exist

It seems to me that there is something in the Postgres configuration.

To help us troubleshoot, could you please answer the following questions?
How is your Postgres authentication set up: Ident sameuser or md5?
You use the user postgres to access your database, am I right?
Is your Postgres cluster on the same machine?

Thanks,
Sandrine.