[Cubicweb] [ANN] release of CubicWeb 3.0.0 aka ShowTime
nicolas.chauvat at logilab.fr
Tue Dec 30 14:44:57 CET 2008
The development team is pleased to announce the 3.0.0 release of CubicWeb, also
know as ShowTime.
What is CubicWeb?
With CubicWeb, the Semantic Web is a construction game!
CubicWeb_ is a semantic web application framework, licensed under the LGPL, that
empowers developers to efficiently build web applications by reusing components
(called cubes) and following the well known object-oriented design principles.
Its main features are:
* an engine driven by the explicit data model of the application,
* a query language named RQL similar to W3C’s SPARQL,
* a selection+view mechanism for semi-automatic XHTML/XML/JSON/text generation,
* a library of reusable components (data model and views) that fulfill common needs,
* the power and flexibility of the Python programming language,
* the reliability of SQL databases, LDAP directories, Subversion and Mercurial for storage backends.
Being built since 2000 by an R&D project still going on today, supporting
100,000s of daily visits at some production sites, CubicWeb is a proven end to
end solution for semantic web application development that promotes quality,
reusability and efficiency.
The unbeliever will read the quick overview_ of CubicWeb.
The hacker will join development at the forge_.
The impatient will move right away to installation_ and set-up of a CubicWeb
.. _cubicweb: http://www.cubicweb.org/
.. _overview: http://www.cubicweb.org/doc/en/A020-tutorial.en.html#overview
.. _forge: http://www.cubicweb.org/project?vtitle=All%20cubicweb%20projects
.. _installation: http://www.cubicweb.org/doc/en/C010-setup.en.html#miseenplaceenv
logilab.fr - services en informatique scientifique et gestion de connaissances
More information about the Cubicweb