a script to automatically upgrade your cube dependencies if they pass your tests

Laurent Peuch cortex at worlddomination.be
Tue May 7 12:31:39 CEST 2019

On Fri, May 03, 2019 at 11:50:25AM +0200, Nicolas Chauvat wrote:
> On Fri, May 03, 2019 at 09:23:00AM +0200, Arthur Lutz wrote:
> > > I'm probably going to merge all those tools (and others) in a "cubetk"
> > > at some point I think, that will make things easier to discover.
> >
> > As in cubetoolkit ? +1 but if we can avoid the "tk" suffix that made me
> > think "oh, a tkinter application to manage cubes?"

Ah, I had nltk in mind for that https://www.nltk.org/ (and some other
tools that I don't have in mind right now) but that can be
"cubetoolkit" if you prefer, I never have strong opinion on naming :)

> Or maybe just put them in the source of cubicweb under a tools/
> directory ? Or just in
> https://hg.logilab.org/review/cubicweb/file/tip/extras ?

To complet my other answer my idea was "just have one tool to pip
install and have everything under it instead of having to look for
several scripts that you may not be aware off". That, and I'm starting
pretty quickly to see code that can be reused, especially if we start
to having linting and "automatic fixing" capabilities.

So I fear that storing those scripts directly into cubicweb source
code would make them less accessible to project still under previous
versions :/ (but I might be mistaking)

--

Laurent Peuch -- Bram